ADD / ADHD Community
Childhood Experimentation?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Childhood Experimentation?!

My daughter recently came back from her dad's house where she lives with her two half siblings. My daughter is 3 and a half and her half brother is 7 and her half sister is 1 year old. Last weekend she came up to me just real bubbly as usual, and says "And then Shawn took his pants and underwear down and told me to take my underwear down and I did and then he went like this (and starts moving up and down on me)."

Her dad walked in when Shawn was buttoning his pants, and when his dad questioned him about what happened he said "I'm just tightening my pants." He was pretty certain that that was NOT the case. I do not want to condem a 7 year old as I know he is probably mimicing what he saw at some point in time, but I also don't want my daughter to grow up and realize that this was so wrong and it will affect her later in life. I'm also struggling with how to proceed. Do I get her counseling, or do I just educate her on how to keep herself safe, and let it die. RIght now we are keeping the kids on seperate visits until social services figures this out.

I need help with how to proceed with this. I feel so helpless and it makes me sick to my stomach :(

I think the child behavior community would be a better place to post - http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Child-Behavior/show/64.
    Unless, of course, Shawn has ADHD and you are looking for ideas to also help him.
   My feeling is that you should be the one doing the counseling on what is or is not appropriate.  I think that you would have a greater impact than a stranger.   And, Shawn also needs to get this information from his Dad.  If this is only the first time, I would not make a huge deal of it  -  unless, it happens again.
facts About Meat
55 mins ago by gymdandee
hansen20 I have a 36 day cycle would... Comment
59 mins ago
krichar commented on Sheaby's status
1 hr ago