ADD / ADHD Community
Chronic bloody nose
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic bloody nose

18 year old young man, (ADHD & learning disabilities) experiences bloody nose easily.  For example, when taking hot shower, his sinus's seem to loosen and he bleeds profusely.  Also when experiences an above normal stress situation, similar nose bleeding will occur.

Overall health is good and has no physical disabilities.  
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
312330_tn?1245180352
This individual needs to see their doctor about that.  Adderall (adderrall) can raise blood pressure, which if rather high could lead to nose bleeds, but he also needs to have his nasal passages/sinuses evaluated.
Blank
I agree with Rambling on this,, it could be either one and if its just a problem with his sinus's an in office proceedure can be done to cauterize the capillaries that bleed easily so they will quit being such a frequent issue.

Jennifer
Blank
My friend started to take adderall (adderrall), and she's been getting really aweful nosebleeds. I'm really worried about her, but she doesn't want to get off the medication, she said it's really helping her. It seems like no matter what meds she takes, it still seems to hurt her in someway. How badly do think it could hurt her?
Blank
  I'll have to recheck the listed side effects, but to my immediate knowledge I haven't seen any posted for nosebleeds.  There are other factors that can cause nosebleeds.  Its worth doing a search on nosebleeds to see the causes.  Some are simple things like dry weather that can be cleared up with an application of Vaseline inside the nose.
Blank
Well worst the case scenario is your friend dies - not likely but it is a possibility especially if she is abusing it.
Blank
I have lived in Buffalo, where it is very dry in the winter, for 10 years. I have NEVER had a single nosebleed in my entire life, save when a friend accidentally kicked me when I was 7. Seriously, I'm not exaggerating, I have never had a nose bleed before now. Two months after starting Adderall (adderrall) XR, I began to have nosebleeds whenever I am stressed. I have no new allergies, and the weather was actually getting more moist. I strongly feel that if the cause of these nosebleed was JUST the cold, I would have had them sometime within the last ten years, but that is not the case.

I know that a side effect of Adderall (adderrall) is increased anxiety, and in turn high blood pressure, which in some people can lead to nosebleeds. I also wonder whether rapid weight loss (BMI 21.1 to 19.4 in 2 months) and increased blood pressure (from 119/80 to 146/96 in 2 months) together might make nosebleeds more likely.
Blank
    Anxiety is listed as a side effect in only about 8% of the cases.  And typically a lower blood pressure is a side effect.  Weight loss is, of course, common.   I would think that perhaps something else is causing the anxiety?  But, I would be more concerned about the change in blood pressure.  With your weight loss, it should be going the other way.  Something else is going on and I would talk to a doctor about it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1253584_tn?1332881554
Blank
ang_811 You ant keep going to a bar... Comment
9 hrs ago
1712422_tn?1407308655
Blank
LovemyKids86 . Comment