Concerta && ADD-plz help!!
I AM 18 YRS OLD ANG HAVE RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ADD. I AM NOW ON CONCERTA 18 MG ER.  AFTER A WEEK IM SUPPOSED TO INCREASE TO 36 MG.  THE 18 MG ISNT WORKINF AT ALL SO I INCREASED IT EARLY (TODAY). IS THERE A REASON THAT SHE DIDNT JUST GIVE ME 36 MG IN THE FIRST PLACE?? I KNOW ITS NOT BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO MONITER THE 18 MG BECAUSE IM NOT SUPPOSED TO GO BACK IN BETWEEN THE DOSAGE INCREASE, IM JUST SUPPOSED TO TAKE 2 PILLS INSTEAD OF ONE. ANY HELP PLZ??
Yes. Starting adolescents at 18 mg. for one week is the standard recomendation if they've never been on a stimulant before. It most likely would not be too effective at controling your symptoms but the side effects of these drugs - shaking, loss of appetite, inability to sleep, racing heart beat - can be frightening at first and it's best to make sure that you have no sensitivities to it.