ADD / ADHD Community
Concerta withdrawal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Concerta withdrawal

I was on adderall (adderrall) 40 mg for about two and a half years while in college and experienced no side effects or problems. I would only take it while I was in school and then would take the adderall (adderrall) "vacations" during my breaks from school. However, about a year and a half ago, I began to develop insomnia from the zoloft I used to be taking for depression (at the time, I didn't know that the insomnia was from the zoloft.) I wasn't getting more than 5 hours of sleep a night so I was continually exhausted and stopped taking my vacations from adderall (adderrall). I took adderall (adderrall) continuously for about a year and a half to fight my exhaustion before realizing the zoloft might be causing my insomnia. I switched to pristiq and now the insomnia is gone but I became horribly dependant on adderall (adderrall) to the point that, if I went cold turkey on it, I would start vomiting, get shaky, sleep all day and have mental/mood changes. My doctor switched me to concerta about 2 months ago hoping it would be easier to get off of it as opposed to the adderall (adderrall). The most I ever took of concerta was 90 mg (I usually took 81 mg.) I've tapered down now to 72 mg and have been there for about a week now, however, I've been feeling very weird, I feel tingling all over my body, I feel very depressed and sleepy with a lot of mental/mood changes. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any withdrawal symptoms like this? And, if they have, how long they lasted for them and if they have any tips for getting through this? Any advice would be much appreciated : )
How much adderall (adderrall) were you taking each day before you switched?