Confused
I am 30 years old, have been married for 9 years raising 5 children, and am active duty military.  There is a family history of mental health issues in the family to include adhd and bipolar.  I have noticed some things that I have always just overlooked thinking I was just fine.  These include bad memory and bad attitude.  Now that my wife has continually pointed things out, I have decided to get help.  My memory is god awful; I have no recollection of my childhood and next to none about my children growing up now.  I'm not violent but I do have a very sporadic temper.  Socially, I am horrible!  I cant have a conversation with anyone because it seems like my brain doesn't retrieve the information needed to continue one.  My friends are virtually nonexistent as well.  Something else I have noticed is that I don't really have too many emotions other than fear and anger.  I'm about to be seen by neuropsych and get a sleep study done.  My wife says I twitch in my sleep and it is virtually impossible to wake me up, regardless of the time of day.  I just don't know what to expect.
Hi there and welcome to med help!  Well, I tell you, I commend you for reaching out for help.  You are a relatively young man with a big family and they need you and taking care of yourself emotionally is really important.  I would just be honest and open at the evaluation.  

I'm curious if the social skill problem was always present from the memories that you DO have from your youth?   You married fairly young, was this your highschool sweetheart?  
   A sleep study is a great idea.  Sleep apnea can really mess up ones day!  
You also might want to check out this site -  http://jeffsaddmind.com/for-first-time-visitors
   Its for adults with ADD and has a ton of info that I think you might find interesting.  And you also might find this site helpful - http://www.additudemag.com/search/keyword/Adult%20ADD:%20Late%20Diagnosis.html
    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post.  And keep in touch and let us know how things are going.
I've had a study done before that said I did not have sleep apnea.  This one is to double check to see if something else has come about.
It felt errie reading your post it was so similar to me in ways. I am 31 raising 3 beautiful children and have loved my husband since i first met him at 6 years old yet all i feel is fear and then anger about the fear. I have such issues in conversations that only my husband who I have been maried to since I was 19 can really follow me. My family has been ADHD and bibolar for the last three generations and I have always been thought of the one that didn't get anything like them yet that praise always made me feel like I would be letting everyone down by seaking mental health treatment. I can't remember anything but I was in a car accident at 17 resulting in me having brain surgery. So that has always been the reason for anything. I don't want to get mad a made up situations and I want to perform in life like other people my age but unless something changes I will keep wasting my life away I fear. I hope u post what u find out from the doctors and the best of luck to you!!!
Sincerely Mrsmick