ADD / ADHD Community
Declined Vyvanse today...extremely discouraged.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Declined Vyvanse today...extremely discouraged.

Ok let me start out by saying I'm a 21 year old male who hasn't yet been diagnosed with ADHD but I'm certain I have it.

I'm not in anyway a drug seeker. I have struggled throughout middle school, high school and now college because I am unable to focus, and comprehend what my professors are trying to teach. I will sit in class and tell myself I need to focus, but 30 seconds later I will start thinking about random things that have nothing to do with the class. Once I leave my classes I always say to myself, I have no idea what we just went over.

I have difficulty paying attention to details and tendency to make careless mistakes in school. I'm easily distracted, always procrastinating, forgetfulness in daily activities. The hardest part I go through is having an intellectual conversation with someone, and after 15-30 seconds of talking, I won't be able to concentrate on what they are talking about.

I am in no way shape or form depressed, or have ever suffered from depression. I've never contemplated/tried suicide.

I pretty much told the ARNP that I saw today everything I just posted above, and she basically told me that before she prescribes me anything, that I should go to psychologist and get checked out by them first.

Also, she had me get my blood drawn for some random reason, not really sure why...but if anyone can help me out I'm kind of discouraged about the entire thing...Thanks!