ADD / ADHD Community
Depression / Attention Defeciency

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Depression / Attention Defeciency

Anybody Knows about popular ADD, ADHD pills like Adderral and Fulcolin? First of All How they work on body and mind? They are generate hormones or what? They are like drugs and addictive? Also How these pills and other pills related to mood and depression and anxiety, how they effect Kidney and Liver? How long usually the patient should take them?

I think that this site can answer most of your questions.  
http://www.healing-arts.org/children/ADHD/treatments.htm
     In terms of mood, depression, anxiety - in my opinion, it depends on what is causing the above.  Many studies have shown that depression affects a number of people with ADHD/ADD.  I would suspect that if the person understands what ADD is doing to them and is then able to more effectively cope with it by either behavioral modification or meds, then the depression would get better (as long as it is caused by the ADD).
    The amount of time the person is on the meds varies on the needs of the person.  That seems to depend on the coping skills the person learns and the environment (school, work, etc) that the person is in.
     Hope this helps, I can recommend other sites or books if you have more questions.
  Best wishes.
I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy/ADD about 30 years ago and have taken Ritalin an adderal without a problem.
krichar Praying constantly for my d... Comment
47 mins ago
zerokewl123 commented on zerokewl123's status
krichar commented on Des_a_rae's status