Do I have ADD?
I am in high school, 14 years old. For quite a while now people have been telling me to get checked for ADD or ADHD. I think I should too. I have an extremely difficult time focusing on anything for prolonged periods of time. the most time I can usually spend on studying, homework, reading or learning in general is maybe 20 minutes. I cant focus in anything the teachers say so my grades are dropping due to the fact that in middle school they broke it down for me and now it goes so fast and so uninterestingly. The teachers dont use colored markers, slideshows with music and video clips, or physical models. It is mostly lectures. I cant sit still which I didnt even realoze until people started to tell me that the tapping under the desk and on it, pen clicking, page flipping, hair braiding, doodling and seat adjustments were disruptive. I loose things alot and forget when things take place. I cant put things into chronological order no matter how long or short the amount of time has passes since the events occured. For example I cant remember if my flyer fell yesterday before we hit it 2x or only after one try and what we did before or after that...
Is this a problem? I'm also told I talk fast, I may have insomnia because it is hard for me to fall asleep, and I never run out of energy. Tiredness is not something I do. Please if you know if this may be ADD let me know! Thank you!
    Well,  all the symptoms you mention would fit with ADHD  or ADD.  Of course, not getting a good nights sleep will definitely also cause memory problems.  I'm guessing its more like ADD cause the ADHD kids get noticed early due to their hyper nature.  Those with ADD just tend to suffer in silence.
   Also, someone with decent intelligence will hang in there until they hit something like Algebra - and then because its like nothing they have ever experienced before - their innate intelligence can't pull them through.
   The bummer is that most web sites with info concentrate on the ADHD child.  However, there is a site aimed at adult ADD.  I think it would be worth your time to check it out.  It was a fairly recent PBS special so its got a lot of good research.  Go to totallyadd.com and check it out.  
Go for the videos.  If it rings bells for you, have your parents watch it, and then have them connect your schools counselor.   Let me know if you need help beyond this or other ideas.  Best wishes!!