ADD / ADHD Community
Does ADD cause short term memory loss
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does ADD cause short term memory loss

I have an 11 year old son who suffers from Tourette's.  I have recently began to homeschool him and have noticed that he struggles with some form of difficulty with short term memory loss.  He has never been clinically diagnosed with ADD but I am aware that Tourette's and ADD often go hand on hand.  What should I do to differentiate between a medical issue causing memory loss and just his lack of attention?
Related Discussions
     Even a child with ADHD will have things they can focus on - maybe their favorite tv show or video game and they will be able to remember what has been happening.  
     Kids with ADHD appear to have short term memory loss but thats because they never committed it to memory - lack of attention.  I would guess that it is a rather typical reaction caused by lack of attention.  Many learning tricks involve "see it, hear it, move it (physically write it down, or do it in the air).  
     If you think it could be a medical problem, then you need to get medical help.
   Good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on How much arsenic is i...
4 hrs ago
1699033_tn?1405352675
Blank
JGF25 uploaded a new photo
9 hrs ago
5944308_tn?1396482349
Blank
zerokewl123 commented on jugglin's status
Dec 26
Top Children's Development Answerers
Blank
Sandman2