Does ADD cause short term memory loss
I have an 11 year old son who suffers from Tourette's.  I have recently began to homeschool him and have noticed that he struggles with some form of difficulty with short term memory loss.  He has never been clinically diagnosed with ADD but I am aware that Tourette's and ADD often go hand on hand.  What should I do to differentiate between a medical issue causing memory loss and just his lack of attention?
     Even a child with ADHD will have things they can focus on - maybe their favorite tv show or video game and they will be able to remember what has been happening.  
     Kids with ADHD appear to have short term memory loss but thats because they never committed it to memory - lack of attention.  I would guess that it is a rather typical reaction caused by lack of attention.  Many learning tricks involve "see it, hear it, move it (physically write it down, or do it in the air).  
     If you think it could be a medical problem, then you need to get medical help.
   Good luck