Does NeuroFeedBack help ?
I am a mom of 9 year old ADHD boy. He got diagnosed as ADHD 2 years ago. We tried different medicine on different doses; but the side effects really worry me. So, we are looking for some alternative treatment to help him. I appreciate any comments on the NeuroFeedBack or any other possible treatments. Thanks in advance!
Thanks a lot for your Info.
Your instincts are correct.  Neurofeedback has been used with consistent success for in excess of 20 years.  I would refer you to EEG Spectrum in California or The ADD Centre in Montreal for very good information.  I am a neurofeedback practitioner of 13 years.  Neurofeedback addresses the cause of ADD, and in a way that becomes lasting.  Perhaps as important, the NFB supports sense of well-being, improved sleep and often social relationships.  By all means, look into this.  And a nine year old can do this VERY well.
I'm fairly new to the world of add/adhd.  My child was just diagnosed a couple of months ago.  What is Neurofeedback?  I am looking for ABSOLUTELY any way I can help him succeed.  Thanks!