ADD / ADHD Community
Does coffee make you sleepy, fuzzy, groggy?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does coffee make you sleepy, fuzzy, groggy?

I used to drink 5 cups of coffee a day. I'd always thought that the coffee helped me stay awake, but I was always sleepy.

Then my psy put me on adderall (adderrall) and I haven't really had the appetite for coffee. The adderall (adderrall) is doing it's job, helping me focus or whatever so that's good.

I just drank half a can of soda and I'm so groggy and fuzzy headed that I can barely type of concentrate on what the heck I'm trying to say here.  It was diet coke, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
People with ADHD have the opposite reaction to stimulants that the normal population does.  It follows that coffee would also have the opposite effect.  Never seen any studies on this though.  It also could be that you just developed a tolerance to coffee, kept very late nights and on about the 5th cup, your body just said - I'm tired!
Blank
Stay away from Diet sodas of any type. The phenalatronics (spelling?) in them affects brain function in ADD'rs. I get all weird after drinking them too... Caffine is a stimulant and if you are taking a stimulant, adding more stimulant will put you to sleep. Like taking too much of the Adderall (adderrall). At least that's what happens to me...
Blank
I have ADD and I can't take anymore stimulates I think I have reached my top point. If I take them now I have an anxiety attack. So I need medication like Zoloft to calm me down. And I take medication to sleep to. Its like something whiched in my brain. Because stimulates use to calm me. But not anymore. It started when I took Fluticasone nasal spray for allergies and it stimulated me to much! If you or anyone else knows about this and can help email me at shagan_13***@**** thanks. And for the coffee and Adderall (adderrall) be careful Adderall (adderrall) is very strong stuff!
Blank
   Are you on any other medications?  For example, some of asthma meds are definite uppers.
   What stim med were you on and how much were you taking?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
982214_tn?1372877485
Blank
krichar commented on krichar's status
1 hr ago
982214_tn?1372877485
Blank
krichar Dealing with a poop storm a... Comment