Does my child have ADHD
I have a two year old who will be three  in less that 2 mnths.  I am concerned about his behavior problems that he is exhibiting.  For the last month or so he has began to constanly rebel against me and his father.  Anytime we tell him no he walks around slapping everything he sees.  Within the last two weeks we have noticed him waking up several times during the night kicking and slapping at everything around him.  Even after comforting him he still continues to fight us.  Our child has always had a temper such as banging his head on the floor and wall when he would get mad or in trouble.  That seemed to have went away but now we are so so concerned about the behavior that we are seeing now.  My husband and I are very patient people who never get loud or argue and we don't know where he is picking this behavior up.  He is extremely hyper and has been since birth.  Could you please tell me your advise on what we should do.
It would be difficult at this age to get an evaluation from your doctor but I'd still bring all this up with your pediatrician and see what he says. You may just have a really strong willed child with a short temper on your hands! It's great that you guys are remaining calm. It's important for him to see that. You guys are his role models. Just stay consistant with your discipline. And see what your pediatrician says. Best wishes.
My 6 year old was diagnosed with ADHD. He didnt start showing signs till about 5. They can not prescribe or do the right tests for it until age 6. My son is taking Daytrana now while he is at school. There is a noticable improvement in him. But it does have alot of side effects. I have a hard time even giving him the meds as I feel bad...but in the long run it is better for him with his learning and social life. I pray that your son does not have it as it is a hard road to travel but I do think it is a bit early to determine it...watch him, give it time...it is more then likely the age...But do talk to your Pediatrician about it..Good luck.
if your terribly concerned Id agree with the others on having him evaluated by a doctor. The symptoms your describing dont sound like ADD to ME,, (but Im not a doctor) but if somethings telling you there is a problem or this is unsual you may be right. Head banging and hand flapping sounds more like hints of autism, but not slapping and the head banging doesnt go away with autism from my understanding so thats a puzzle... so it sounds like something you should have check by a professional. If nothing else it will aleviate your fears hopefully hearing it from a pro.
i agree it doesnt sound like just adhd.    does he respond positively or negatively to certain sounds smells or feelings?   like does he hate the tags on shirts?    it does sound a bit like autism but as she said before to my knowledge the head banging USUALLY does not go away with out treatment but it does sometimes.       does he have bowl problems like he has stomache aches a lot or his stool is bad, like constant diahrea?    

this in all honesty does sound like more than just adhd, if possible i would highly recomoned a child psychologist they can do best with both a diagnosis and treatment.
It is really hard to diagnose ADHD in a child this young. both my daughters have it and the things you are describing are not any signs or symptoms they showed (they were not daignosed until first grade). You may want to talk to a psychologist and have them watch or monitor behavior, or sometimes they can give you a sheet to fill out according to behavior at home. Check it out. It wouldnt hurt to do some further investigating on something that can be as serious as diagnosing your child with one "disability" or another.
IS MY CHILD SHOWING SIGNS OD ADHD ?

I HAVE A 3 YR.OLD THAT IS NEVER STILL ALL SHE DOES IS CLIMB ON THE FURNITURE ,JUMP ON MY BED. SHE LISTENS TO NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!    SHE IS VERY ACTIVE ALL DAY LONG. AND WHEN I SAY ALL DAY ,I MEAN ALL DAY. WHEN I SAID THAT I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH MY SON WHO IS NOW 12, MY AUNT GOT CUSTODY AND BEFORE THAT IT WAS ALMOST THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR AND THEY WANTED ME TO WAIT TO THE START OF THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR BEFORE THEY WOULD EVALUATE HIM. AND LOW AND BEHOLD WHEN MY AUNT GOT HIM,HE INDEED DID HAVE ADHD. BUT HIS WAS VERY ,VERY CLEAR. MY DAUGHTER IS JUST VERY HYPER AND SOME  PEOPLE SAY IT'S NORMAL AT THIS AGE,BUT I DON'T THINK THAT'S TRUE ..... AT ALL. I AM NOT TRYING TO REALLY PUT HER ON MEDS ,CAUSE I SEE HOW MY TWIN SISTERS SON ACTS WHILE ON THE MEDS. BUT I HAVE TO KNOW. SHE'S 3 AND A 1/2. SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
First off - I share your pain.  As a stay-at-home father with a 2 1/2 year old daughter - and a 6 month old son, it can be very hard.

As to your situation - it is really hard to tell whether a 3 year old has ADHD or some other condition.  I would absolutely suggest you write things down and share them with your pediatrician.  However, and I emphasize "however," I would also go in strongly advocating for your child and being informed.  It is all too common today to have a child diagnosed with ADD.

What you describe is a very active 3 year old.  Add on to that age and "regular" developmental stages the fact that you have a boy - a son.  Boys are generally more outspoken, more active than girls.

My 4 year old nephew was going to be diagnosed with ADHD - exhibiting some very characteristic symptoms - but it turned out that too much SUGAR in his diet was the problem (not to mention a lot of problems within the home financially).

It all adds up.  So, definitely keep an eye on things.  A number of things need to be in place for it to really be ADHD.

Best thing would be talk with your son's doctor and have a complete physical and medical evaluation completed.

Rory