ADD / ADHD Community
Does my son have mental health issues
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does my son have mental health issues

I have a 9 year old son that has major mood swings. Anytime he is told to do something such as clean his room, or is not allowed to do something he wants such as play video game he goes into major raging fits. He screems at the top of his lungs, hits walls, throws and breaks things, hits himself or pulls at his own hair and this all lasts for a good 15 minutes or until he has worn himself out and usually falls asleep. It seems as if he has no self control. Overall he seems to be mad or depressed one minute and them is happy and sweet the next. He also as a bad habit of continually picking at small sores such as scratches, burns or mosquito bites he get on his body until they become large sores that are infected or take 2-3 months to heal. Me and his father have tried several different things to deal with this behavior, including talking to him and explaining why such behaviors are not ok, punishing him or taking things away, threatening and just ignoring but nothing seems to work. Could my son maybe have some type of mental problem and if so what?
Tags: son