ADD / ADHD Community
Dopamine?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Dopamine?

I have just recently switched to Strattera. I am 25. I was on Ritlain for about 1 year. As we know Ritalin is a stimulant and I felt driven and good. For the first time, I felt alive and could remember things and finish projects. Since we found that I grew a dependency for Ritalin, we decided to change to Strattera. Now I can concentrate a little but I definitely feel my days are back to nothing. Meaning, on (describing it like pixels in resolution) Ritalin I felt the pixels were that of a high quality television show in modern days and I could see and hear all of the wonderful things that the show had to offer. With the Strattera, I am back to the way it used to be where I am using a 386 computer with very low pixel resolution, I can only see and hear so much, so my days slip by and I have no idea what went on that day. Obviously, the Ritalin had some benefit over Strattera but could this be something else. Is there such a thing as a Dopamine deficiency? Is there something my General Practitioner is missing? Are there supplements that could help at a safe level?
hansen20 commented on Jewels63's status
KeeLolo commented on photo
CRSeaside commented on spider6's status
Feb 05