ADD / ADHD Community
Fall Asleep While Sitting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fall Asleep While Sitting

I fall asleep at the strangest times. While sitting in a class that I find interesting, if I'm not talking, I cannot stay awake. While driving, even when it's a beautifully sunny day and my favorite song is playing on the radio, I find it difficult to stay awake. In fact, any time of the day, if I'm not moving or talking, I am likely to fall asleep. I have no trouble falling asleep at night. i don't usually get the reccomended 8 hours per night, but I easily get up in the morning. My iron is slightly low and I take ferrous sulfate daily. I've exercised before class, attempting to stay awake from all of the endorphins and it never works. As soon as class is dismissed, I snap out it and get up as if I hadn't been dozing off for an hour. I don't understand. Is this a disorder? Could it be connected to ADD or ADHD? I haven't been diagnosed with anything but it's perplexing. As soon as a professor asks me a question, I am awake as I usually have the gist of what we are discussing. To add salt to the wound, I sit in the front row and fall asleep looking right at the instructor and usually awaken with he or she staring at me. And for the record, I occasionally "have a staring problem" which I worry could be linked to epilepsy, a condition that my paternal grandmother has. Please give me your opinions.