ADD / ADHD Community
HELP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

HELP

my son has ADHD ,and an learning disability should he be able to have access to the sensory room at his school
   Even in America, that is a complicated question.  It would depend (in America), if he qualified for an IEP.  If he did, then that could be written into his plan.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how the Canadian special education system works.
   I would suggest that you buy the book (amazon carries it for about $10) called, "The ADD/ ADHD Answer book," by Susan Ashley.   She has a whole section on 504 plans to help kids with ADHD.  The things she mentions that a school can do to help a child would work any where in the world if the school agrees.   Also she has another chapter on how you can help your child at home with school.  And actually many other helpful chapters on ways to help your child.
   What you probably need to do is talk with who ever is in charge of special education for your school district and get information from them.  And, I would think that Canada must have have a national special education policy which you can find information about on line.
   Sorry, I can't be more helpful - but I do think the book I mentioned will prove helpful to you.   Oh, how old is your child by the way?