ADD / ADHD Community
Headaches/Forgetfulness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Headaches/Forgetfulness

Hey, my name's Eduardo i am 20 years old, and i have been recieving these chronic headaches, forgetfulness, lethargy, energy drains away from just doing laundry!!! etc.
D octor diagnosed me with Adhd, but i do not believe i have it. Reason being when taking medications for it, it doesnt work for what it is meant to do. Other thing is im starpped on with these headaches its hard to think and also talk properly, i just keep saying i forgot this word etc. Ijust need answers please. I read an article before about this lady getting a head injury, and other people recommending her to get a CT scan, well i havent had any head injuries but should i get a scan?
I would have the doctor run some blood work and make sure that all your blood counts are where they should be.And I would also have him send you to  Neurologist for some test.

Do you have sinus problems or stress and anxiety or some depression ?

I wouldn't take any of the medicines for ADHD they have bad side effects and could be making things worse.And you need to make sure you are treated for what is really wrong.
The Doctors these days need to do there jobs and stop telling every one they have things with out testing them for others things ,and just do there jobs.

You could also ask your doctor to send you to some one to talk to, if everything else checks out OK.
Your symptoms certainly don't sound like ADHD.  Just throwing these possiblities out there based on your symptoms, any of the anemias, hypothyroid, migranes (migraines)..
Unfortunately, this sounds like it may be more serious than ADHD. You might want to see a Neurologist just in case. Feel better!
I stopped taking my meds due to different side effects, one day on my way to uni i felt like i nearly had a heart attack on the bus, i couldnt breath chest was tight so i thought whats the best thing to do, i sculled through a bottle full of water. But yeah after that incident i stopped the meds. My blood charts are apparently fine ,well thats what they say. Not to sure if i have anxiety, it runs in the family and i do get alot of shivering whenever i step into a environment which im not comfterble in. With sinus, my nose feels most of the time blocked even though theres no mucus, i normally have to blow it out, even when blowed after a few mins its blocked again. What do you mean depressed, im not the type who slashes my wrists and complain alot, im just a quiet kind of guy, whi inds his own business who loves the outdoors.
And thanks for your consideration i appreciate it.
I appreciate everyones concern for my well being, much appareciated
peace be with you all! and ill try my best to find what problem i have
Never had a head injury hunh? So you've never blacked out, never been unconcious, never broken or seriously brused anything anywhere near your head (like your collar bone). i ask this cuase these are kinda the questions my therpyst asks new people who say they've never had a head injury. head injury is just that, anything that might have cuase injury to your head OR violent truma in general. the brain sits in fluid inside your head, if you stop suddenly like being in a car the brain is thrown forward or back or side to side aganst the sides of your skull, you don't have to have your head be bruised or bleeding on the outside to injure your brain.

check out Neurofeedback. the website that of the person I see that has links to other practicing people you can trust is www.neurotherapynw.com. its a new, drug free way of treating all sorts of stuff including if you want more about my personal exprience ive got a older post down below.
UMM, only thing i broke is both my legs nothing else, not to sure but it could be hypothyroid because it is known that you can get it from birth and its not genetic..i think.
Headaches are not associated with ADHD. Forgetfulness is, though. The thing about ADHD is that it is present your whole life. It doesn't just develop at 20yrs old, though many aren't diagnosed till then.

The main thing is what you feel. This could be two separate things - ADHD and migraines. Or it could be one thing. Did the doc take a history? Were you always forgetful? Do you have troubles keeping thing organized, doing things on time, and keeping at tedious or boring projects?
If not, you need to see someone else or go back to your doc.  Especially if these are new problems. ADHD is present at birth, and is often inherited. Yep, it's genetic.

If the symptoms of ADHD really don't sound like you... then get yourself to the doctor for a second look at the diagnosis.
i've been diagnosed with a cognitive processing disorder, which is very similar to ADD, and i'm taking ADHD medication. i've also been feeling the affects of chronic fatigue syndrome..lethargy, fatigue, headaches, etc..and i'm looking into neurofeedback/biofeedback as an alternative to medication..this treatment has rave reviews, but i haven't tried it yet. but that's what i'm looking into.

hang in there..good luck!