ADD / ADHD Community
How to improve in my 13 years old son, his short memory
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How to improve in my 13 years old son, his short memory

How to improve my son Short Term memory? There are any kind of exerccisses? Diets ? etc ??
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
   There are study techniques that really improve memory.  I don't quite understand what you mean by short term memory.  Even the people that appear to glance at a word, and know it the next day use techniques to do so.  And some superbright people can literally do just that.
   I think the main question is why post to an ADHD forum.  If he has trouble memorizing because he can't concentrate (ADD/ADHD), that is very different than just having trouble memorizing.  Although the techniques will work for both.  Its just a lot more difficult and time consuming for the ADD/ADHD child.   There is no magical diet that will help.  A good nutritional diet is always important.
   So essentially,  I need more information so that I can help you.  Do you suspect ADHD?  What subject is he having trouble in?  Has he always had this problem?  Does he think the teacher is a jerk?   Depending on what is going on I have some books, that I can recommend.

Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
Having a poor memory is not all that uncommon. One of my children is that way, and so was my father. They learn ways to maneuver around it. It does annoy my daughter though.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
ADD / ADHD Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...