ADD / ADHD Community
I need help with my 7 year old ADHD/ODD
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I need help with my 7 year old ADHD/ODD

I have a 7 year old, 3 1/2 year old, and a 23 months old. I need help with my 7 year old ADHD/ODD boy. He's been on Focalin for over a year now. He's seems to do good for a while and then he either starts stealing like candy or money out of my wallet. He also has been trying to touch girls or pull their pants down. He used to use the excuse when he was 5 years old that he was trying to change them. I told him that mommy only does that. Just to clear some things up. I run a home daycare. Yes I know I should probably know how to deal with him. I have talked about this with him over and over. Asking him if anyone has done anything to him or if he has seen this from somewhere or where is he getting this. He tells me I don't know or my brains tells me to. I tell him this is inappriotate and we do not do this. He has been grounded from his games, tv. I have done time out, even spanting. I even talked to his ADHD doctor about this and she told me to get him a book and explain the differences about a girl and boy. I did that. I don't know what else to do. I am at my wit ends. I have asked my mom for advise and she doesn't know what to tell me. My husband isn't even here to help me deal with this. He's pretty upset about all this too. I finally took the girl and her mom that if he tries doing it again to hit him. I don't know what else to do. I don't normally encourage hitting but what else is there to do. Why or how would a 7 year old think of something like this? I'm afraid I might lose my daycare kids if I can't get this under control. Please help me.