I think my girl is ADHD
My daughter, 4 almost 5, has every symptom of ADHD (according to an ADHD website). I have not taken her to get her tested for this. There are days where she is not hyper active and shows no sign of this. But there are days to where her hyperactivity, not listening,  bouncing around the house really gets to me. Her brother (my ex-step son) was the exact same way and I never had him tested either (which now he has been diagnosed and is on medication). I have always said that I would not medicate my child with the drugs they give. Most of the time, I handle my daughter with the discipline needed and I keep her on a routine schedule, very important. However, there are days to where nothing seems to work even if I give her more attention than other days. Does anyone have a suggestion for me, other than take her and get her medicine?
They will not medicate a child or diagnose them with ADHD where I live until they reach the age of 5.  At all.  And I always said that what was wrong with my dh's cousin's son was that he needed someone to step up and dicipline him because his parents weren't doing very much of that.  Boy did those words taste like **** when I had to eat them and take my own son and get him tested and medication.  And my son did pretty good at home, it was not a big deal to me if he was really hyper and disruptive.  But, when he got to be a problem in the classroom and hindering the other kids from being able to learn, not to mention how very little he was learning himself....I had to face reality.  I do not like to have to medicate my child.  But, he's on the lowest dose they make of his medicine....and he's doing sooooo much better now that he's on it.  It really makes me feel guilty for not getting him help sooner.  He could be a poster child for this stuff.  He actually likes it.  He wanted to know what it was when I first gave it to him.  I told him that it would help him to do his classwork and homework better.  That was enough for him to associate it with the improvement he's made.  He told me that it "makes his mind slow down so he can think better."  He's 8 years old and he KNOWS that!!  It's really amazing.  I have since apologized to my dh's cousin for the way I had thought for all these years.