Is th4ere a law against writing a script for Adderall after writing 1 for Desoxyn?
Went to Doc 2 weeks ago and talked him into letting me try Desoxyn.  I have been taking adderall for approx. 4 yrs., and had heard great things about the desoxyn.

I do not like the desoxyn.  No. 1 - it put me to sleep!  All I wanted to do was sleep - and eat.  Did absolutely  nothing for me.  The doc prescribed 5 mg. of the desoxyn 2x a day.  (probably not enough).

Question:  I called the doc's office and explained my situation with the desoxyn, and that I want to go back to the adderall.  After being blown-off for 4 days, his office called me this AM telling me 'he cannot write the script for the adderall because it is a controlled drug - and I can call back on the 27th of Nov., then he can write the script.'

Can anyone tell me if this is true?  I do not believe it.  He is the Doc., and if he feels one works better than the other, then he should be able to write the script now, not in 11 days.  I feel he is lying to me.  BTW:  I've never had a problem with the doc - no mis-use of drugs, etc.
   Pretty sure he cannot write you a script for adderall until the old one runs out.   When does your present prescription of adderall run out?
Hi, Thanks Sandman2!

The script for the Desoxyn is dated 11-05-12.  I do not have a current script for the adderall.  He would not prescribe both - just one or the other.  The last time I had the adderall filled was 10-5-12.

Ya, kind of looks like you are stuck in a legal situation.  Wonder if you gave him  the unused pills back if he could write a new prescription (probably not).  Of course, its also possible that you just need to adjust to the Desoxyn.  It is supposed to be pretty effective.
     You might try telling your doctor your symptoms (if you can get ahold of him) and see if he has any suggestions.  Sorry, I can't help more!   Let me know what happens.
Hi Sandman2, Sorry for not responding sooner.  Got caught up in the rush for Thanksgiving - up to my elbows in shopping, prepping, cooking, etc.  But, thank you for taking the time to help!  I greatly appreciate your time.

So as not to go into a very long story/history, this Dr. is a very 'unusual' one.  I'll try to keep it short.  When I visit him once every 3 months, I'm in his office no more than 5 minutes, and that's tops.  He does not communicate - period!  Very strange.  I never get the opportunity to sit and really discuss anything with him.  He'll ask 'how's your meds working?"  I usually say 'fine'.  He then starts writing new scripts, finishes up, hands them to me and says 'have a good day'.  I tried recently to ask him a question about a different medicine, and he cut me right off and said: "I'm writing these (scripts), don't interrupt."  Yeah, some-what of an A.H....:)  The receptionist calls him a 'man of few words'.  Not a good excuse for a Psychiatrist.
    When I called the first time in ref. to the Desoxyn, I stated I did not like them, they did not do a thing for me and I needed to either increase the dosage, try something else, or go back to the Adderall.  I felt that was a pretty easy question!  Open for suggestions - which he did not have any, other than wait.  So the outcome is I'm waiting until the 27th to call back and get him to write the script for the Adderall - then have to go out of town to pick it up at his office.....):
  You helped plenty - thanks again for taking the time to respond.  You seem to be a very kind fella!
   Thanks daydreamer.   Kind of sounds like he is the only doc that is close to you?  If he were mine, I would be looking for another one who had some time to spend with me.   Usually, I recommend psychiatrists as first choice, but I think I would be tempted to try a psychologist.  They usually have a doctor that will prescribe what they suggest.  You might even try asking him if he can recommend anybody closer to where you live since it is so hard to drive to him?