It isn't working for me
Last year I was prescribed to concerta. I dramatically improved in school and I actually enjoyed learning. It worked well in the beginning, however I began to feel overly anxious about everything. It seemed that every time I switched to a higher dose, it made me more anxious. I finally stopped taking concerta at the end of march, and was prescribed to strattera. I have been on 40 mg for nearly 3 weeks. I've been feeling a lot less anxious since taking strattera but still have trouble focusing, staying on task, and getting things done. I hate the side effects. I feel tired all the time and I feel irritable. I need to be taking something that will work both for my ADHD and anxiety.
What do you guys think about strattera? Does anyone know if you can be on stimulants and anti-anxiety meds at the same time? Is there any advice you guys can give me?

Love it when doctors don't give all the info they should.  Strattera is NOT a stimulant - which is probably why it doesn't seem to be working as well.  Info on strattera can be found here - http://www.baltimorepsych.com/NonStimulants.htm    
   and from the same group, information on stimulants - http://www.ncpamd.com/Stimulants.htm

And yes, I certainly have seen posts by people on both stimulants (but you aren't on a stimulant) and anti-anxiety meds at the same time.  
     In, "The ADD/ ADHD Answer book," by Susan Ashley, she states that 25 to 30% of children with ADHD also have anxiety.  That's not surprising knowing what ADHD does to ones self concept.  
    I do think that if a person has enough information about ADHD and is in control of it, that the anxiety will drop.  It doesn't sound like you are in that place yet, since the meds are not yet tailored to your needs.  However, it certainly is important for you to find out all you can about ADHD.  Not taking the time to look up a med that the doc puts you on, is not a good sign.  Taking the time to post here is a sign that you realize you need to get more information.   The book I mentioned is actually a pretty good place to start.  I can also provide lots of web sites you have need any specific information.  Best wishes.