ADD / ADHD Community
Method
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Method

I have this problem concentrating. When someone talks to me, all surrounding sounds distract me and I have to stare at something to focus on what they're saying. But what I've been doing is listening to my iPod. It feels as if it's creating some kind of wall and then I can just pick out what I want to hear. The volume is never more than 3/8 and most of the time is less than 1/4. My family worries that my hearing will be damaged or that I will lose my hearing earlier than even the usual for my family members. Can I continue with this method? If not, what other methods can I use to achieve the same results? (By the way, I refuse to take any kind of medication or training, so don't suggest them)