ADD / ADHD Community
Methylphenidate / Methylin / Ritalin SUCK!!!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Does anyone else think ritalin is the devil?  I was taking 120mg / day and it did nothing but make me sleep.  I couldn't function on the stuff.  Missed work and everything else.  Anyone else had this kind of effect from taking ritalin / methylin / methylphenidate?
How about you try food supplements that have shown to have equal efficacy to Ritalin,Multiple vitimin  with B Complex and Vit C . also Fish oil and been tried by many parents,with success,  go into your local whole food store,if you have one called "Sprouts "they are very good and will go online for you to find what you need in a Natural Remedy to help you.If the drugs you have been trying dont work its time to find something less invasive that will, Good Luck.
Most people who take 120 mg of ritalin a day would be wired higher than a kite.  The fact that it made you sleep, does suggest that you have ADHD.  It sounds like you got a dose that was way too high.  Usually, it takes a bit of experimentation to get the dose adjusted to the weight, age, and level of ADHD.  There is nothing wrong with trying the food supplements.  Unfortunately, with all this stuff there is no one correct answer.  You have to be proactive and care enough to try out many different things.
Eliminate This ONE Ingredient and W...
11 hrs ago by gymdandee
zerokewl123 Devestated...... Erskine fi... Comment
Jun 24
Contamination Of Oat-Based Cereals...
Jun 24 by gymdandee