ADD / ADHD Community
My 8 year old grandson is very immature for his age.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

My grandson is 8 years old.  He is very smart and is very good in his school work.  The problem he has is being so immature and he as a problem with attention.  It is causing problems in class and in making friends.  He cries at the smallest things all the time and has melt downs almost daily and the teacher is getting very concerned about the immaturity. He tends to be somewhat of a loner and not real good at making friends.  What can we do to help him do better.  He is a very loving child and we want so much for him to fit in and start acting more his age.
  sometimes a child act immature because he is a lot younger than other kids in his grade in school.  When is his birthday and what grade is he in now?