ADD / ADHD Community
My Child has a big head?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

My Child has a big head?

Yes to whom it may concern,
My Son is 10 years old. He was born on Jan 16 1997 He was a big baby..He weigh 10lbs 10oz. I was having trouble carrying him so they induced my labor and he was born a month early weighing the 10-10. He is very slow in his school work and he was diagnosed with ADHD. He is a hyper child, He makes these sounds like silly sounds and look at you as he doing it..My oldest son that now is 21 is still very hyper I was hoping he would grow out of it but he seams to be worse..the 21 year old that is... But my concern is the 10 year old has a big head. It is wide on the sides (From ear to ear) and kinda flat on the top. Should I be concerned about this? When he was born he didnt fit into newborn diapers, and the doctors said his growth rate was kinda fast. I remember my brother had a big head when he was little with a small body. Now he still has the big head but is like 6ft 2 in. Does the big head mean hes going to be very tall? At 5 my 10 year old was almost 4 ft tall. He seams to be ok but he is kinda slow but hyper as well. Please help me on this if you can.
Thank you,
Reguards, GA.
Tags: head
I would take the child to a pediatrician for developmental screening exam.  There are charts that plot head circumference, height, and weight.  There is research regarding greater head circumference in children with autism.  Autism and ADHD are in the same spectrum of disorders.  
  autism and adhd are not even close to similar my child is add and a little white pill cured those symptoms . there is no pill for autism its a real tough job being a parent to a child with autism. specially the severe type adhd no big deal as far as I am concerned my other child is deaf blind and severly retarded so adhd is nothing to me it was before the meds though it was tough on everyone including my little boy now he is doing well at school  grade one and his disabled brother goes to the same school with regular children its great.   ther is help for parents but you have to ask and be the advocate for your child a tiger sometimes to get help but we are their whole world never  compare your child to others only when necessarry to find out whats going on. after that forget about it they are a individual with qifts  yet to be revealed.   All the best to all the mothers .  Its tough but very rewarding .