ADD / ADHD Community
My baby girl is 11months old with trisomic21 downsyndrome and is not si...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My baby girl is 11months old with trisomic21 downsyndrome and is not sitting as yet need help?

My girl has a trisomic 21 downsyndrome she is 11months old now but is not able to sit byherself or attempt to stand or crawl byherself,is there anythng that I can do to help her improve? Otherwise she has quite normal features and she also turns,and speaks words like dada,mama,papa ,tries to immitate what she finds of interest to her like some funny lip movement,funny sounds,she attempts to be quite active when we are talking to her ,listens,shows gestures like holding your finger if u bring it towards her,responds when u call out her name and so on...
Related Discussions
Take the cushion off couch sit her down and put cushion on her lap .put some toys in front of her to play.also  keep her on her belly as much as you can .to play or watch tv. You need to build her upper body strength up.stop carrying her around ...she'll try harder to move and will eventually crawl wich is very important for her hips to crawl. She needs to gain strength that's all.do you have early intervention? Get it if you don't. Get some books on babies with ds there helpful. Ds kids do things at a slower pace than regular kids.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
kmlksl66_ commented on An Insider’s Guide to...
Jul 21
Blank
mandy876 commented on my friends
Jul 21
2217782_tn?1394367572
Blank
swabes commented on Ellen038's status
Jul 21
Top Children's Development Answerers
Blank
Sandman2
San Pedro, CA