My daughter will not sleep
How can I help my daughter get more sleep at night.  We have a horrible time getting her down.  Sometimes I will wake up and find her playing in her room when she should have been a sleep hours ago.  Tonight she should have been in bed 9pm and it is now 10.20 and she is still getting up finding reasons to be up etc. she is 10 years old and it isn't getting any better.  
  How is she doing at school?  Does she have ADHD (guessing that is why you picked this forum).  How active is she after school?  What time does she get up in the morning on a school day, and does it change on the weekends?
yes she does have ADD. We do have a really hard time getting her to focus on homework.  She tries really hard to find a way out of it.  He is playing the French Horn and I can't get her to even practice that on a daily basis like she should be.  She gets up on normally around 7:00 and then on Tuesdays she has to get up at 6:00.  Once in a while it catches up with her and she will go to sleep really well, but then for several days she is just horrible trying to get to sleep.  
  See my post here to a person with similar problems - http://www.medhelp.org/posts/ADD---ADHD/Video-games-and-not-sleeping/show/1390141#post_6345499.

At least part of the problem now is the time change as I point out in the first post or two.
The resources I mention in the last post are well worth your time to check out for overall understanding of ADHD and ways to work with it.
      By the way focusing on homework is a very typical complaint.  If you are using meds, there are some new ones out now that are longer lasting and will help with that process.
Well I am 41 and my doughter is 8 we both have ADHD I know for a fact that if you are on meds for ADHD you will have problems sleeping the Dr will have to give her something for sleep it may take trying different meds because I know some meds will make me sleep to hard and I will be sleepy in the morning but we take vivance and it will wake me up in a few min after taking it but it's not uncomin for the sleepless nights it will stop when you get her some meds.... Tim
Does she have sleep apnea? My third child did. Unfortunately no one figured out the problem until years later.