ADD / ADHD Community
Need help.. abnormally weak heart beat caused by adderoll abuse?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Hello all,

Im really concerned about my flat mate and best friend.. hes been using unprescribed adderall (adderrall) for the past 2 months on and off to cope with school.. but as final exams are approaching hes been taking the adderall (adderrall) 25 mg XR daily almost for the past 20 days.. hey used to get his occasional panic attacks.. which we never really discussed because he brushed the topic off quickly.. Today however, he mentioned to me that he was feeling chest pains for the past week, and he ask me to feel his pulse.. it was dead.. i could bearly feel it, it was fast, but it seemed as if his heart was tired.. the pumps were very weak.. could bearly feel them at all..  and ive felt his pulse before.. its ussually was stronger.. which has gotten me quite concened because i think he may be truelly damagin himself, or even killing himself.. can anyone shed some light on what the weak pulse means? is he at a chance of and overdose at all? or heart attack?

Help is much appreciated..
Adderall is speed. This is not great for anyone and if he has an underlying condition it could kill him. Even though he is a jerk, you should try to get him to to see a doctor, but I doubt you will have any luck. If you are really worried you could inform a teacher, but the best course would be to alert his parents.