ADD / ADHD Community
Neurological Development - Learning Technics
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neurological Development - Learning Technics

I'm considering taking my child to Learning Technics (www.learningtechnics.com) They said the use "specifically target neurological activities" to improve a child's attention and focus. I have heard of brain training and cognitive enhancement...has anybody heard of this company? I don't want to put my child on medication. I would prefering trying a natural non-evahsive remedy first. I also heard of another company in Canada called Easton School...any info on the subject would really help! Thanks
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
   First, any company that does not give their prices and wants you to call in for that - bothers me.  That speaks of an expensive product and a hard sell. But whatever.  I also don't like their promise (with no research sited), of a " If you are looking for a permanent, drug-free solution to your child's ADHD, Learning Technics offers a revolutionary and proven program with an astounding 93% success rate."   I have never seen any research that shows a permanent solution.  Furthermore, they don't appear to use bio-feedbac, which some studies have shown to be somewhat effective.  Actually, its hard to know what they do, since they really don't tell you.  I also noted that for all of the "research" that they give - there is no way to see the actual research.  I can think of at least 3 other companies that do similiar things - check out this link, particularly the last post - http://connect.additudemag.com/groups/topic/neurofeedback_or_Cogmed_versus_play_attention/
    and here is a link on a review of the latest research of the  whole biofeedback thing - http://sharpbrains.com/blog/2012/01/17/new-review-of-neurofeedback-treatment-for-adhd-current-state-of-the-science/

I do think a lot of the ADHD Nanny program and it is free  (I believe) http://www.adhdnanny.com/
     If you can afford it, there is nothing wrong in trying many of the programs out there.  I would suggest however, that you do become a bit of an expert in ADHD so that you can be your childs proponent.  I also suggest that you buy the book "The ADD/ ADHD Answer book," by Susan Ashley.   It will give you a lot of the day to day information that you will need now and in the future.   Finally, all studies have shown that the best results are a combination on medication and behavioral therapy.  Not just one or the other.  So you are well on your well to solving half the puzzle.  If I can be of further help, please post.  Best wishes.
Blank
  Opps, Nanny is $10 a month, but can be cancelled at any time.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
982214_tn?1407809791
Blank
krichar commented on Carly1306's status
3 hrs ago
982214_tn?1407809791
Blank
krichar commented on Moma_Cher's status