ADD / ADHD Community
Neurological Development - Learning Technics

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

I'm considering taking my child to Learning Technics (www.learningtechnics.com) They said the use "specifically target neurological activities" to improve a child's attention and focus. I have heard of brain training and cognitive enhancement...has anybody heard of this company? I don't want to put my child on medication. I would prefering trying a natural non-evahsive remedy first. I also heard of another company in Canada called Easton School...any info on the subject would really help! Thanks
   First, any company that does not give their prices and wants you to call in for that - bothers me.  That speaks of an expensive product and a hard sell. But whatever.  I also don't like their promise (with no research sited), of a " If you are looking for a permanent, drug-free solution to your child's ADHD, Learning Technics offers a revolutionary and proven program with an astounding 93% success rate."   I have never seen any research that shows a permanent solution.  Furthermore, they don't appear to use bio-feedbac, which some studies have shown to be somewhat effective.  Actually, its hard to know what they do, since they really don't tell you.  I also noted that for all of the "research" that they give - there is no way to see the actual research.  I can think of at least 3 other companies that do similiar things - check out this link, particularly the last post - http://connect.additudemag.com/groups/topic/neurofeedback_or_Cogmed_versus_play_attention/
    and here is a link on a review of the latest research of the  whole biofeedback thing - http://sharpbrains.com/blog/2012/01/17/new-review-of-neurofeedback-treatment-for-adhd-current-state-of-the-science/

I do think a lot of the ADHD Nanny program and it is free  (I believe) http://www.adhdnanny.com/
     If you can afford it, there is nothing wrong in trying many of the programs out there.  I would suggest however, that you do become a bit of an expert in ADHD so that you can be your childs proponent.  I also suggest that you buy the book "The ADD/ ADHD Answer book," by Susan Ashley.   It will give you a lot of the day to day information that you will need now and in the future.   Finally, all studies have shown that the best results are a combination on medication and behavioral therapy.  Not just one or the other.  So you are well on your well to solving half the puzzle.  If I can be of further help, please post.  Best wishes.
  Opps, Nanny is $10 a month, but can be cancelled at any time.
I am currently working to create research on these programs, learning technics, Brain works, BrainGym, Brain Balance, etc. If you are interested in such research let me know.

Swede Larson, BFA, MHA, Phd.

***@****
801 759 2473
Avatar n tn
I'd like to see any research or even personal impressions you have about these programs. Please post a link to a blog or website with your findings.
hansen20 I hope that these 12-15 wee... Comment
hansen20 commented on renae176's status
hansen20 commented on KTowne's status