ADD / ADHD Community
Picking up meds with an old ID-

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Picking up meds with an old ID-

I moved to Florida about 6 months ago but never bothered to get a new ID.  The one I have is from Texas, where I only lived for a few months, but it's still valid.  
Last time I picked up my Concerta from Walgreens, the pharmacist said that he wasn't supposed to give it to me because there was a new law about controlled meds and the address on my ID had to match the one on their records.  He gave it to me anyways, but said that he could only do it because it had just happened.  (Also, I'm kind of distinctive looking and they fill 11 scripts for me, so they know me.)
I don't have transportation, don't drive, and haven't been able to get a new ID.
I'm just confused because NOBODY else seems to have ever heard of this and I feel like there should be a notice or something. Does anyone else know anything about this?
Tags: florida, controlled meds, picking up, pharmacy, laws
I know that we have to give the pharmacist here our address and we also have hand deliver a script that is for controlled substances and sign for it when we pick it up. Even though out insurance card is on file with Walgreens.  If you are planing on staying in Florida, you will probably have to get a state id. I did a search and found this article. http://www.pharmacytimes.com/publications/issue/2012/January2012/Showing-Identification-at-the-Pharmacy-Counter
Doesn't help much I know..  Good luck.
    If thats what the pharmacist said, then its probably true.  Find out what kind of an ID they will accept.   I would assume that you have insurance that is paying for some of those 11 scripts.  How does the pharmacy know thats really you?  So maybe your insurance ID will work?
   Sorry I can't be more of a help.
Doesn't help much I know..  Good luck.
   Nice answer.  Thanks for helping out!
Thank you both very much :)
hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
51 mins ago
hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
52 mins ago
krichar commented on mhv's status