Aa
A
A
Close
Please Help Cannot Focus On Reality
Since I wake up until I sleep I am always daydreaming/ imagining. I spend 95%of my time daydreaming. When I am watching TV, when I am walking, when I listen o music, etc; I am always daydreaming. Sometimes overall at night I even laugh very loud and talk to the persons that are in my head. I talk to them.

I cannot stay in reality, not even for 5 entire minutes. I always have to imagine something.

I go to a psychiatris and she honestly doesn't know what I have, she said that defenitely I am not a psycotic or something similar because I can differentiate between the real world and my fantasy world.

All I am asking is your help because I am still very young and I want to start doing productive things. I want to read but I cannot read. Beacause my mind is always wandering. I want to work on something but I can't focus on reality.

In the internet they call it Maladaptive Daydream Disorder.

I have ADHD and I am on medication. Currently Ritalin has helped me to control my thoughts and to stop my mind from daydreaming. It is working, but I wish there was something stronger to help me. But Ritalin is helping me a lot. It's been very useful.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
This is exactly me!  Mine was helped a lot when i switched from Ritalin to Adderall.  What's made the biggest dent is behavioral therapy!  Much easier to snap into the present!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Day 5
9 hrs ago by Amber98
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Anxiety disorder - am...
21 hrs ago
Blank
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
San Pedro, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources