ADD / ADHD Community
Possible ADD - Short Term Memory Loss - No sense of direction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

I was diagnosed with ADD as a child, never took the meds though - Currently I experience a complete lacking of a sense of direction, short term memory loss, depression and anxiety.

I'd like to know if these are all symptoms of ADD, or if I was just dropped on my head as a kid?  The sense of direction in conjunction with the short term memory loss affects me the most -- The other day I came from an aisle in a store, and had to go back after going to the register to check a price, and I thought it was on the opposite side of the store, even though I'd been there only 2 minutes earlier.  
Totally get that! I look at the ingredients and then forget the what was on the first box I read when comparing...
I look at life visually. I remember pictures or something odd about something that gives me my bearings.
I learned that when hiking, putting rocks in formations to tell you which way to go on a trail and when trying to remember someone's name.
I was always able to remember what they were wearing, but couldn't remember their name. So I started picking something that they were wearing as a name association.
In a store, I always find the bathrooms and the clock. Usually they are either at the back or the front and sometimes both. I get confused if I go to a different walEmart or co$tco and they are polar opposites of each other. So I make it a point to go from right to left at all times. Just remember that three lefts make a right turn. Sometimes it takes me hours and so I plan accordingly. No such thing as a quick note or a short stop in my life... lol... a list and a budget helps though...
Also, when it comes to a price check, if it's not marked, then take that one and the other one you may want and make the decision at the check out at the end of your shopping. When the store ends up with extras at the check out stands, they might get the idea that they need to mark that item. Let them do their job, don't go looking for something that should be marked. Just some ideas for you. Cheers, Tamra
Could be untreated add. Could be other deficits. You need to be evaluated again. There is testing.
could be that you have something other than add.

I would go to the doctors and have them check you blood levels .I would also have your doctor send you to get a egg done ,because short term memory loss can be due to other things.And also you should she some one about your depression and anxiety.

the doctors could have been wrong about you when you where young and should have check you for other things.

tell me do you feel sleepy a lot during the day,or have a hard time getting up or going to sleep at night and staying asleep ?
What do you mean get an egg done?  I'm a guy lol -- as far as sleeping, I usually don't have trouble, lately I have had very restless nights and been tired all day, but thats my own fault for my weird sleep schedule.  
  Sorry I meant an EEG done to see if your brain is doing anything it shouldn't be doing.
And you should also have your doctor send you to a counselor, also with all the  depression and anxiety you have been feeling and going threw.
Interesting that you suggest an EEG. I had two of those done shortly after hitting a brick wall on a mini bike at the age of 9. According to the doctors, nothing showed up abnormal. Although I did have over 100 vertical stitches on my forehead that goes about a couple of inches into my hair line

However, now I have been diagnosed with ADHD, seem to follow the night and begin to get antsy or hyped up as twilight appears. My brain just starts to race and drives me in hyper speed. Not everyday, but I've also found that my diet plays a huge part of how well I do.

Staying Wheat/gluten/yeast/sugar free keeps me from spinning and driving myself to veg out because of the fog.

Have tried meds, but they seem to work for a while, then don't. Usually around the 16 month after starting them.