Questioning if i Have ADD as an Adult
What are the symptoms of adult ADD?  Would i have had to have it as a child?  I remember as early as 6th grade i had trouble remembering things,  poor memory and concentration, depression, allergies (which i didn't realize i had).  Now, i am taking antidepressants and Klonopin.  I have been on antidepressants since a young adult and on Klonopin for a couple of years.  I was on Xanax before that.  I don't know if the Klonopin is making these symptoms worse because my exroommate went on Klonopin and she was bright as a star and lost her memory of so many things that i didn't remember about myself.  If adderall and ridellin give me energy does that mean i don't have it?
I tried a few different ones, liked them because i have very low energy from CFS and allergies.  I had energy, focused better, no confused thoughts or isolating.  I know depression can also cause memory loss.  I never finish a project or start it, always procrasterating.  Memorizing things or reading technical manuals, forget it.
Both depression and allergies can cause your symptoms.
All of those pills can cause issues too.
You would need to see a doctor or psychiatrist to determine if you have adult ADD.
you are born with adhd so yes you would have had it as a child, but xanax and klonopin DEFINITELY affect your memory majorly, especially with such long term use. No, if adderal and the other add/adhd drugs help you feel energy and focused that does not mean you have add or adhd. Those drugs are only amphetamines (speed) and they will help literally everyone concentrate and feel energy, that is why people take amphetamines.