Questions about ADD
I am 22 years old. I am (not to sound arrogant) very smart. I can pass classes in school without even trying, but I've always had problems with school keeping my attention. I never got homework done in school or college because i couldnt focus. Ive tried doing online school, but there is so much reading I just cant sit down and do it.
I think I may have ADD, but i dont know. Ive always wondered why ive done so well on tests but my grade were mediocere cause i never did homework or could study. For instance my 7th grade year of tests i was testing into 12th grade math and science. I WANT DESPERATELY to get a degree, but i cant bring myself to actually do my best in college. I get discouraged and mad at myself when i cant focus. It's very depressing cause i really want to do good.

What can you all tell me about ADD? Does any of my problems sound like ADD? Any help would be great.
  A good place to get pretty non biased information is from the WebMD.  http://www.rxlist.com/attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder_adhd/article.htm  
   A  book by a UC Berkley honors student with severe  ADHD about growing up with ADHD.  might be helpful.  The book is  called - "ADHD and Me,  What I learned from lighting fires at the dinner table," by  Blake Taylor.    Basically, "the Cal freshman tells hjow he made the ADHD work in his favor."  Two other good books are - "Driven to Distraction" by Hallowell, and "The Gift of ADHD", by Honos-Webb.
   Also realize that because of your intelligence, you have never had to learn any of the skills that a lot of kids need to use in school to succeed. I will be the first to admit that after working in the school system for 35+ years, it can get boring.  For a person with ADHD that makes it even harder.  So you have to devise all kind of notetaking games to grab the important material.
   By the way, girls with good grades rarely get diagnosed because they don't stand out.  Their have been numerous posts on this web sites by people like you who are just beginning to realize they don't have to grin and bear it.  Do some research, it should answer a lot of your questions.   Good luck - and keep writing.