ADD / ADHD Community
Randomly flipping through pages
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Randomly flipping through pages

I am not sure if this is the right topic or not. I have never been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and I don't know if I am or not. I noticed that if I have this issue where I am always playing with paper. When I am sitting in a class or at my desk, I thumb through the pages of a notebook over and over and I was just curious if there is a medical explanation for this. I don't know if this is my way to keep me focused or if I have an issue. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
Hi there.  Interesting question.  Perhaps you are right, it is a method to keep you focused.  As it is harmless and working, it doesn't appear to be a problem.  My son has a nervous system issue called sensory integration disorder.  He often needs to be doing something with his hands to stay focused.  If he has a piece of paper, without thinking about it, he will tear it into tiny little pieces.  Not good as that makes a mess.  A hand squeezy item or fidget does the same thing as the paper.  chewing gum as well.  So, if you want to try to switch it up, those are two things to try.  good luck
Blank
   Ya, I find it very hard to just sit and watch something.  I need to chew gum, correct papers, suck on a hard candy, do a suduko, etc.   So it could be fine.  But, here is a good site for symptoms of ADD or ADHD if you wish to look deeper into this.  The site is - http://www.help4adhd.org/about/what/WWK8
Blank
Thanks for your inputs, I greatly appreciate it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1712422_tn?1402008882
Blank
LovemyKids86 My grandpa passed away this... Comment
38 mins ago
2217782_tn?1394367572
Blank
swabes commented on i dont understand!!!!...
2 hrs ago
1383908_tn?1406043160
Blank
Sheaby commented on Who we REALLY are :)...
2 hrs ago
Top Children's Development Answerers
Blank
Sandman2
San Pedro, CA
Blank
kirk8
Eureka, CA, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank