Ritalin LA 20 mg or Adderall XR 20mg
I recently got put on Ritalin LA for the first time. I have heard better things about Adderall XR. How do I tell my Psych that I want to try the other one? or should I which one is better? or I guess I should ask what is the difference between the two, I new with this
I have a similar situation. I was on 20mg Ritalin LA and was also wondering the same questions. I am taking 30mg Adderall XR now. I went to my dr. apt. and just said to my dr. I am noticing results with Ritalin LA (better focus, attentiveness not being as distracted etc.) but I feel like it could be better. I told my dr about how I had talked to my aunt who told me that my cousin was on Ritalin and they switched her to Adderall and it had better results. I also told my dr. that even though I was taking ritalin LA "Long Acting" it seemed to wear off between work and school or school and work (I work 2 jobs and go to school)

My dr. switched me to Adderall XR and said he would increase my dosage to see if between a higher dosage and different brand I would notice more of a difference.

(from the research I have done online 20mg Ritalin=10mg Adderall because Adderall is "stronger" or something) so I had a decent increase in dosages

He also mentioned to not take it when I didnt think I was going to need it say on the weekend when I was going out with friends or when on vacation etc to keep me from needing to frequently increase doses and to keep the effects of the meds when I do need to use them.

I have been on Adderall for only a couple weeks but and noticing a more positive difference.

Of course only your dr will know what is best for you and your situation but it never hurts to ask. Worst case scenario they say no or they say yes and you realize Adderall isnt for you, but at least you can say you tried :)

Hopefully this helped :)