ADD / ADHD Community
Ritalin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Ritalin

Ran out of my Ritalin for my ADHD 2 days ago and must say other then a bit tired I am not near as anxious as usual..So after 4 yrs being on Ritalin to calm my brain down and thinking I am starting to think I am much better off giving Ritalin a break.. I am sleeping better and not as anxious. I no I need this med to focus if I am working but since I am not I find it almost peaceful being off this med for 2 days? HYMMMMMMMMMMMMM  maybe I will start taking breaks from Ritalin which calms my mind but speeds up my pulse, energy etc...So I think I have discovered something here. Time to take a break here and now and it does not bother me that I ran out? WOW..Remember Ritalin is like speed a stimulant but does help a ADHD person focus but Now I also see I am NOT as hyper off it..WOW
  I have seen numerous adult posters who use it on an as needed basis.  One advantage of ritalin is that it is out of the system fairly quickly and is also fast acting so it can be used this way.    
  The other thought is that there are some newer meds out now that are longer acting and I believe less mild.  And of course, there are also the non- stimulant meds.
  As I think that you are finding out - you just have to experiment a bit to find out what works for you.  
and I eat a lot more, sleep even less, but act like I'm on Thorazine.  Then I go back to the normal fast talking, impulsive guy who seems like he's on crank or just drank 4 Four Locos...

I stay tired... but have even more trouble sleeping than when on Adderall (adderrall).  But the occasional break from it is best.  My psych told me to not take holidays from it(one time I ended up in rehab after a week from not taking it.)  I went on a crazy bender...  so everyone's different.
Ritalin still exists???? Ritalin was basically banned from pharmacies in Puerto Rico!! Ritalin is a very dangerous drug, it causes damages to the nervous system, it makes your body retain water and it makes people to have nervous tics. My advice to you is to stop taking that forever, don't even try another different medication because the doctors will prescribe you next time a stronger one, then a stronger one, then another and another and so on to the point were they will tell you that you are bipolar!! Medicine industry is a monster. If you were born hyper LET IT BE!!!! Hyper people are not the problem, the problem is the lazy *** people (teachers) who do not want to deal with it or are not professional enough to work a little harder!!!