ADD / ADHD Community
SHORTAGE TAKING ITS TOLL

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

SHORTAGE TAKING ITS TOLL

i was diagnosed as having adhd in middle school, and began treatment in 2007. working my way up with adderall (adderrall) xr, my tolerance seemed to keep going up, then the 30mg 1x day just didnt work so my doctor prescribed 30 mg tablets 2x day, and at the same time my psychiatrist had started me on vyvanse, and i was doing fine for a while. then i lost my insurance and had to go off vyvanse, and only coul;d get my adderall (adderrall) if i payed $150-$200 for a doctor visit plus $65 for script. now ive been back on my insurance, back on my adderall (adderrall) 30mg 2x daily, and all was well i was funtioning, focusing, and then this shortage hits. im in the metro detroit area and i have called every pharmacy in a 20 mile radius, no one has it. so my most recent script was changed, drastically, it was for adderall (adderrall) xr 25mg 1x day, i didnt even notice it until i took one the next morning. its been a week and a half, needless to say they have no effect. what should i do? do i just have to deal with it? its really taking its toll on everyday life for me i go from one extreme to another with moodswings, somtimes i feel like i could sleep for days and i have 2 kids i dont need to have this kind of chemical disturbance. any suggestions would be appreciated thank you.