Sophomore in college and pregnant.
Im 19 years old, and im a sophomore in college. I take 63mg orally of Concerta. I am in the nursing program right now and I must have a GPA no lower than a 2.5. Meaning I MUST take my medication or else I will not be able to focus. I am a couple weeks pregnant and I dont know what is going to happen. I am trying not to take the medication but I REALLY need it! I do not want to be behind and fail my classes but I dont know what to do? HELP!

Also, I have no idea how im going to balance school (&clinical) and caring for a child!, suggestions, advice? Working is not an issue, and adoption and abortion is out of the question!
   Wow! Do you have a lot of things going on.  You gotta be kind of freaked out!   Hopefully, you are at a college that offers support.  Start with the college counselor.  You are not the only one going through this, and they should have experience in dealing with these situations - particularly child care and support for you.
    You also seem worried about he use of Concerta.  Rightly so - any meds taken early in the pregnancy could be a problem.  I have no clue.  The max dose is listed as 72mgs so you are under that which is good.  But this is something that you really need to talk to a doctor with as soon as possible!  It is possible that you might be able to take a small dose of adderall before events where you really need to concentrate.  It will then be out of your system fairly quickly.  But as I said, I don't know how this will effect the child.   And frankly, from my brief bit of research - I'm not sure anybody does.  Check out this article -   http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:kH4CuWvgmbQJ:www.ncgiadd.org/pdf/Medications.pdf+concerta+and+pregnancy+effects&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiFcufEB1wi_HfdGNFOFUQ0n155Cm_kaeSluaSwM15sZrc0fTAk9uLyru2u93xVb2B8cCVBxRCu5WtUzIxzBM8DrjFC1BxZymbtgkqL0QRL3HD8OwDcd7Ki-0bWjRF2zquCd645&sig=AHIEtbQz4LMw6OpGP1bomqkUBwwAxxc92g
   If it doesn't paste in just google concerta and pregancy and look for the 3rd from the bottom.  Also I ran across a neat forum by women with similar problems (med wise) - http://www.womenwithadhd.com/forum/topics/conception-and-pregnancy
     And by the way, if you haven't already done so - there is a great site aimed at adult ADD.  Go to totallyadd.com and start reading.
     Hope some of this helps.  Best wishes!!!!!