ADD / ADHD Community
Strattera and lexapro

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Strattera and lexapro

Ok, my phyc. prescribed these two meds to me over a month ago,...They are NOT helping..I feel so tired and have become a HUGE couch potatoe..I dont wanna get up and do anything!! I dont know how much more I can take of this..I have read alot online and most people are taking a stimulant with it..Will the phyc eventually do this? Is it just a process?? Or should I ask her?? I have already told her it makes me very tired..What more do I  have to do?? I dont have time to hope something works because I have 3 kids!! The tiredness and not wanting to do anything is making me a bad mother IMO..Any suggestions???
Both the Strattera and the Lexapro can be used as anti-depressants and both can cause sedation.  The treatment, if it is going to work for ADHD or depression should work within 3 weeks.  I would ask your psychiatrist if you can be tried on a different medicine regimen as this one is not only not helping you, it is making you feel worse.

Tess Messer, MPH, PA-C
Http://primarilyinattentiveadd.com
Yes, call the doctor who prescribed them and tell him/her that you are very tired.  Besides the tiredness is the depression any better ???
krichar commented on stacey10's status
hansen20, and krichar commented on KTowne's status
hansen20 commented on KTowne's status