ADD / ADHD Community
Switching ADHD meds, what are the side affects?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Ok, so Ritalin and Wellbutrine together put me in a 2 year depression. Got out after being switched to Adderall (adderrall). Now it's 18 months later and I've been off the Adderall (adderrall) now for 6 weeks because I couldn't sleep, mind racing all the time and really really hyperfocused on things and can't let them go.
Now the dr. wants me to try Stratera (Strattera). It's a once a day, which will be easier for me to remember to take, but what are the side effects? I seem to act differently than most on meds, so am a bit anxious about it.
I'm also making an appointment with a therapist. I'm hopeful that my emotional self will get some relief as right now my marriage has been getting harder and harder for me. I can't keep up appearances to my husband and feel even more shameful that I've tried so hard to hide it from him, but I'm falling apart at the seams.
The therapist is really to help me with the transition to him comprehending and understanding that I can't just stop, relax, should or shouldn't do things just because he tells me so. I'm not out of control, just extremely shaky with trying hard to please him and nothing seems to work. If the house is clean, picked up and my computer is put away, he'll point out the two things I didn't do. If I'm on the couch playing games on the computer, watching a movie or tv with him, then he tries to test me to see if I'm really watching the show with him. So just to be the difiant that I am, I'll catch something that he didn't point it out to him, like did you just see that he/she did this I think this is what's going to happen... 9-10 times I'm right and I'm just a know-it-all. How could I possibly picked up on the cues in the show that lead to the end if I'm playing a game or reading a book too? Not to mention that I have to have 100% of my attention on him when he's talking otherwise he thinks I'm not listening. When I do listen, I get accused of shutting down. No win situation that I am hopeful the therapist will help with.
However, my stress over taking a new med right now is pretty scary to me. I would like to know how many others out there use it, have used it and what they experienced so I can at least be a bit more prepared for the side effects. This will hopefully make my transition a better one for us both.