ADD / ADHD Community
Vyvanse Abuse by son?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vyvanse Abuse by son?

I just found 3- 70mg pills in my sons room in a tiny plastic bag. I googled them to find out what they were. 1st I don't know how to figure out if he is actually taking them or if he is selling them. I know he has been smoking a lot of pot and I have confronted him about it. But he is 20. I have given him a timeline to move out- April 15th. But I have 2 little ones here and am afraid if the side effects of this drug are severe that maybe I should be doing something more? I guess I am afraid to confront him to that extent. He is 6 ft tall and 180lbs.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4848134_tn?1360123266
Your house, your rules. Tell him if he doesn't stop this nonsense, he needs to go. If he refuses, or gets violent, report him accordingly. No need for you to be scared of what HE will do. If you ARE, then there's a problem, and he needs to receive help.
Blank
My son is 6 ft 4 since he was 16 years of age, now 21 and doing good.

I called the cops on my son the first day he ever laid a hand on me, about age 17, he pushed me.  Get the cops in then he will know you mean business.  I am assuming you do not have a 'bigger' man there.  I didn't either.  He left home before the cops got here, I gave them a description and sent them in his direction and they came back with him in the back of the car.  They talked him through things for about 45 minutes.  He NEVER laid a hand on me again.

There has to be limits and you decide what they are, in my experience if you allow drugs in you are enabling him to take harder drugs.
Blank
You took the correct steps. Someone I know had two sons on drugs and were getting out of hand. She called the cops. Both were forced into rehab. One son is forever grateful to her; the other won't speak to her. But she knows she did the right thing because both are off drugs.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
11497835_tn?1418839592
Blank
SRS2 commented on Sleep Apnea and Night...
8 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Supplements
13 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Supplements
16 hrs ago
Top Children's Development Answerers
Blank
Sandman2
San Pedro, CA