ADD / ADHD Community
Vyvanse Question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Vyvanse Question

Been on vyvanse a week now for my add,and I have finally I think my dosage is right.70mg is whats feels right to me with hardly no side effects at all.The problem is that my doc prescribed me 60 30mg capsules  so im trying to figure out how many 30 mg capsules is 70 mg vyvanse which i know that a 30mg vyvanse is 10mg adderall (adderrall) and 70 mg vyvanse is 30mg adderall (adderrall).Is 7 30mg vyvanse capsules 70mg dose .I switched from taking 30mg adderall (adderrall) twice a day im going to have to call doc tommorroww.Any help in figuring this out .Thank you Im trying to get 70 mg vyvanse  out of these 30mg capsules 1 70 mg or 1 60 is the right dose for me.
   Ya, you can't get there from here.  First vyvanse and adderall (adderrall) really do work in different ways (absorption mainly).  So to say a 30 is equal to 10 is kind of right, but really not the same.  I guess my question would be how do you know that 70 is right for you if your capsules only come in 30mgs.  Kinda of a 90 is too much and 60 not enough?
   Apparently, you can get either 20 or 40mgs which with your 30 would make 70.  At any rate your action is correct, you need to call your doctor.  Best wishes.
WOW... you definitely should to talk to your prescriber. Why in the world are you trying to figure out ON YOUR OWN how to take more Vyvanse than prescribed?! You said, ''you feel like 70 mg is right for you''' well obviously, your doctor didn't think that at first, so you were prescribed 30 mg capsules. Be honest and talk your dr and see if he can change your dosage. Prescription medication isn't something to **** around with...especially ADD medications. Get help.
   Very old post that you answered.  But I agree with you and thanks for joining in!
CARBS!
3 hrs ago by gymdandee
krichar commented on photo
krichar commented on veronica0808's status