Aa
A
A
Close
Vyvanse and Adderal not working
My daughter is 15 years old and has been diagnosed with ADD inattentive type.  She was started out on Vyvanse 30 mg then increased to 40 mg.  We did not see any improvement with her symptoms, although she lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks and she was already thin.  We switched to Adderal XR 20 mg, and have gone to up 25 mg, still no results.  Anyone have any advice?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
My son was on ability it worked great but unfortunately he was allergic he's now on intuniv by itself and it works great also
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I ment abilify
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
189897 tn?1441130118
   It really is trial and error as everybody is different.  Here is some info on dosages - http://www.addadhdblog.com/vyvanse-dosage-how-to-get-the-right-dose/#c987e
  Not sure what you are looking for in terms of improvement.  Have you talked to her teachers?  The med could be wearing off by the time she gets home.  The fact that the stimulant meds are not causing her to climb the walls would indicate (I think) that they are partially working.  
  Do work on her diet.  There is a lot that you can do food wise to combat the weight loss.
   This is a good site for info on ADD.  I would take the time to read all of it.
http://www.help4adhd.org/about/what/WWK8
    Hope some of this helps.  Please post if you have other questions.  Best wishes.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1816154 tn?1463433618
Blank
hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
18 hrs ago
1816154 tn?1463433618
Blank
hansen20 20 days to my csection day!... Comment