ADD / ADHD Community
Vyvanse and Adderal not working

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Vyvanse and Adderal not working

My daughter is 15 years old and has been diagnosed with ADD inattentive type.  She was started out on Vyvanse 30 mg then increased to 40 mg.  We did not see any improvement with her symptoms, although she lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks and she was already thin.  We switched to Adderal XR 20 mg, and have gone to up 25 mg, still no results.  Anyone have any advice?
My son was on ability it worked great but unfortunately he was allergic he's now on intuniv by itself and it works great also
I ment abilify
   It really is trial and error as everybody is different.  Here is some info on dosages - http://www.addadhdblog.com/vyvanse-dosage-how-to-get-the-right-dose/#c987e
  Not sure what you are looking for in terms of improvement.  Have you talked to her teachers?  The med could be wearing off by the time she gets home.  The fact that the stimulant meds are not causing her to climb the walls would indicate (I think) that they are partially working.  
  Do work on her diet.  There is a lot that you can do food wise to combat the weight loss.
   This is a good site for info on ADD.  I would take the time to read all of it.
http://www.help4adhd.org/about/what/WWK8
    Hope some of this helps.  Please post if you have other questions.  Best wishes.