ADD / ADHD Community
Vyvanse and ativan
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vyvanse and ativan

I am currently taking vyvanse in the morning and 0.5 mg ativan at night for anxiety.  I am going for a pre employment drug screening next week, and I was wondering if the legal use of amphetamines and benzodiazepenes can be used against me. I know companies are really concerned about illegal drug use, but I just wondered if they can see the need for prescriptions as a weakness and withold the offer because of it . This is the statement that worries me:

"Your employment at the Company is “employment at-will,” which permits the Company or the employee to terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice, for any reason, with or without cause.  This offer is contingent upon your passing our pre-employment drug test,"
Related Discussions
   If you have a prescription for your meds, they are legal.  It probably wouldn't hurt to get more information about what they accept  as passing on the test.  But I believe I have read that they cannot discriminate based on medical reasons.  I would go into the test with my prescriptions and make sure before the test that they are aware of your legal medications.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
keltan commented on Attention All Mouth B...
5 hrs ago
Blank
amit2k8animator commented on Attention All Mouth B...
5 hrs ago
Blank
PatchedSoul I'm going through some toug... Comment
8 hrs ago
Top Children's Development Answerers
Blank
Sandman2
San Pedro, CA
Blank
kirk8
Eureka, CA, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources