ADD / ADHD Community
What can I do to help my daughter with ADHD?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

My daughter is 7 years old and was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago.  She had been on adderall (adderrall) which has helped but it hasn't taken away our problems. She is disruptive, difiant, shows no respect for others, she has problems staying on task and finishing work, she worries more about what everyone else is doing rather than herself, and she lies.  The problems are endless at this point. I could go on and on.  Jayna is a very smart little girl and I can see she gets frusterated but at the same time uses her ADHD to try and get what she watnts.  My boyfriend and I have come to a block in the road that we can't seem to overcome.  Our arguments are mainly because of my daughter and her behavior. I am well aware that my child needs discipline but what kind?  This we can't come to an agreement on and this has become an ongoing battle. I am looking for any information or answers anyone has?
My 9 year old son has been on Concerta for three years and it has helped him pay attention in school and also with impulse control. He has jumped ahead a few grade levels ahead of his class in reading. He's doing great on the Concerta in those areas, but he is also lying and unfortunately I don't think they make medicine for that. His Doctor told me the medicine will only help 25% of the problem and the rest is up to us to work with him on. I know it's not easy.