ADD / ADHD Community
Where can I find a doctor?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Where can I find a doctor?

I'm a college student and I'm having difficulty in school. I can't seem to focus in or out of class, my mind wanders and I keep procrastinating. I'm not a dumb person, In high school I had the same problem but somehow did everything that I had to do. I can't even focus when I talk on the phone with my boyfriend or family. I'm constantly forgetting things and my memory is terrible. I have a ridiculous amount of energy and everyone tells me I'm crazy. When I study my class material I keep reading words over and over in order to grasp the meaning. I did terrible this 1st semester and now I'm in my second, my mother suggested I go to a doctor. What type of doctor would I go to and if I do possibly have ADD what things can I do that don't involve drugs?
Tags: college, ADD, Doctor, attention, high energy
You can go to your regular family doctor. If that dont work, ask your doctor to recomend someone that deals with adult ADHD situations. Good luck and I hope this helped!!
hansen20 :) Comment
hansen20 commented on renae176's status
CRSeaside commented on Help