Why do I have twitches? Hereditary disease?
Ever since I can remember I have had twitches. When I was a younger kid, I would lock and unlock my knees every minute or so. This twitch lasted for a few years. From 4th grade to 7th grade my eyes would roll to the back of my head, almost like you would do when you think what someone says is stupid, about once a minute. The next twitch I can remember started in my Freshman year, and I would flex my Jaw muscles. It is a really difficult twitch to describe, but after doing if for about 4 or 5 months, as most of my twitches took over a year or two to control, the corner of my lips started to split and I now have scars from split lips that took about a year to heal. You can imagine how this effected my High School status. This twitch lasted all through high school. During my senior year I was able to start to control it, and it didn't happen as much and my lips did not split anymore. It still happened quite frequently (20+ times a day). I am now 21 years old, and my current twitch is also kind of difficult to describe. Once or twice a minute my pinkie and ring finger on my right hand will curl down, touch my palm, and flex back out straight. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but imagine having to deal with this for 2 years.. I've had the same girlfriend for 5 years, and she has been amazing enough to never mention it or think less of me for it. I've never talked to anyone about my twitches until last night. I was driving my mom to Walmart, and I finally worked up the nerve to ask someone about it. I said I know she has noticed it (obviously she has been around me for 21 years) and I was wondering if she might have any idea what it is. She instantly started crying. She said she herself had a "Movement Disorder" and described her situation, which was pretty much exactly what I have described for you. I could not get her to tell me anything else about the "Movement Disorder". I am aware I'm about to twitch when it happens, but if I resist doing it it feels like pressure builds in the joint until I give in. To be honest with you, the reason I have never mentioned this to anyone is because I have always had the idea that it is all in my head. Maybe I have accepted the fact that I have twitches, and so I twitch. But after talking with my mom, I realize maybe I do have some sort of a disease that can be treated so I don't have to deal with my first impression being messed up by a twitch. If anyone can help me I will greatly appreciate it, if you need any other information I will be happy to provide.
God Bless
There are a few things you should do.  First you should approach your mom again and ask her to talk to you about the movement disorder that she has experienced.  She most likely cried because she feels badly that you potentially have the same thing she does.  I'm sure she has seen your suffering through the years and no mom wants their child to suffer.  

Since you have not been to a doctor, it is really hard to say at this point what it is. So the second thing you need to do is to go and see a doctor.  Your general doctor would be the first place to start.  They can then refer you on to whatever specialist they think is needed in your case.  Is there something that can be done about it?   I really have no idea but what I do know is that if you do not go to the doctors about it, you will never know.  

My best to you.