ADD / ADHD Community
Why does a low dose of adderall(adderrall) and phentermine work better ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Why does a low dose of adderall(adderrall) and phentermine work better for me?

I prescribed60 mg of adderall (adderrall) but one week I had to take left over phentermine and 10mg adderall (adderrall) and my focusing was great and energy and I still do take 1/3 of phentermine a day.
   Rule number 1 is to always google any med before taking so you know and understand it.
   Basically phentermine is a stimulant (works like adderall (adderrall)), but works differently then adderall (adderrall).
   I am not sure you should be taking it with adderall (adderrall).  
"Phentermine use is containdicated in those who are:
    Taking amphetamine (i.e. Adderall (adderrall), Dexedrine, Vyvanse), bupropion (WellButrin), dexfenfluramine, fenfluramine, furazolidone, guanadrel, guanethidine, or have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (e.g., phenelzine) in the last 14 days"
   This quote is from - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phentermine
You probably should read the link.  I kind of get the feeling that the two meds should not be combined.  Hope this helps.  
I have been prescribed Concerta 27.5 mgCR which is like adderall (adderrall) for ADHD. My doctor also prescribed Phenteramine 37.5 mg for weight loss. I take both together in the morning. I do go to him every month and have a check up so he can check my blood pressure...it is always low anyways. But he does keep a close eye on me. Also, if I have something stressfull happen in my life, I drop the phenterimine for a couple of days to prevent an anxidy attack. Phenteramine does make you anxious,,, more so than the adderall (adderrall) or Concerta. I also take a low dose of Topamax to help with the weightloss. remember, my Concerta is controlled release so that may make a difference in how it reacts with the Phenterimine.
I took phenterimine about 21 hours ago is it safe to take my adderall (adderrall) yet? I did not like the phentermine I would like to start taking my add. I could not sleep at all last night.
I have the same question in regards to taking my Adderall (adderrall) again after taking a Phentermine pill about 21 hours ago. When is it safe?
   I can't find how long it stays in the system.  It is a stim med.  if you took only one ...you are probably ok.   Lots of warnings about tapering off the med,  but that's if you have been using for awhile.
I am currently taking vivance and was placed on contrave is it OK to take together
I am taking 70 Millagrams of vivance and have been now prescribed contrave and was wondering how safe it is to take both...
   That is really a question for your doctor.  It is very important that if you have two different doctors prescribing these meds, that each is aware of what you are taking.
     Main concern seems to be, " In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of amphetamine, which may increase other side effects."  from - http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/adderall-with-contrave-190-1645-3559-16891.html
     So I think that you would want to be aware of any over medicated types of reactions.
     Another thought is that weight gain among adults with adhd is common due to (they think) lack of impulse control.   If the Vyvanse can control this the Contrave might not be needed?  
     This is why I kind of assume the prescriptions were from two different doctors.
     Hope this helps.
hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
hansen20 commented on renae176's status