ADD / ADHD Community
Why does a low dose of adderall(adderrall) and phentermine work better ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Why does a low dose of adderall(adderrall) and phentermine work better for me?

I prescribed60 mg of adderall (adderrall) but one week I had to take left over phentermine and 10mg adderall (adderrall) and my focusing was great and energy and I still do take 1/3 of phentermine a day.
   Rule number 1 is to always google any med before taking so you know and understand it.
   Basically phentermine is a stimulant (works like adderall (adderrall)), but works differently then adderall (adderrall).
   I am not sure you should be taking it with adderall (adderrall).  
"Phentermine use is containdicated in those who are:
    Taking amphetamine (i.e. Adderall (adderrall), Dexedrine, Vyvanse), bupropion (WellButrin), dexfenfluramine, fenfluramine, furazolidone, guanadrel, guanethidine, or have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (e.g., phenelzine) in the last 14 days"
   This quote is from - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phentermine
You probably should read the link.  I kind of get the feeling that the two meds should not be combined.  Hope this helps.  
I have been prescribed Concerta 27.5 mgCR which is like adderall (adderrall) for ADHD. My doctor also prescribed Phenteramine 37.5 mg for weight loss. I take both together in the morning. I do go to him every month and have a check up so he can check my blood pressure...it is always low anyways. But he does keep a close eye on me. Also, if I have something stressfull happen in my life, I drop the phenterimine for a couple of days to prevent an anxidy attack. Phenteramine does make you anxious,,, more so than the adderall (adderrall) or Concerta. I also take a low dose of Topamax to help with the weightloss. remember, my Concerta is controlled release so that may make a difference in how it reacts with the Phenterimine.